How to Show Full Headers in Apple Mail (Mac OS X)
The following instructions are for displaying and forwarding the full headers of a message using the Mail application in Macintosh OS X:
With the Mail application open:
- Open the "In" mailbox if it isn't already open (Mailbox pull-down menu -> Show -> In OR press command-1 on the keyboard ).
- Click on the message for which you want to see the full header information.
- Click the View pull-down menu, and then choose Message and Long Headers, OR press Command-Shift-H on the keyboard.
- Click the Forward button, OR click the Message pull-down menu and choose Forward Message, OR press command-shift-f on the keyboard.
- Fill in the address in the "To:" field as well as the subject, then send the message.
- Record Number: 1327
- Create Date: 2003-06-20
- Last Reviewed: 01-05-2009