OSU Wireless-Cellular: Sprint SMS Voice Messaging
SMS voice messaging is a messaging service that lets Sprint customers send two minute voice messages to mobile phones or email addresses thru SMS text messaging.
This service allows you to:
- Answer text messages with voice.
- Use the visual inbox on your cell phone for managing received messages.
- Send messages to email and get a text reply.
- Reply to or forward received messages.
- Send personal memos to yourself.
How to send a SMS voice message:
- SMS Voice Messages can be sent to as many as 10 contacts.
- From the handset menu, select Messaging, Send Message, and VoiceSMS.
- On the Send screen, add up to 10 contacts from the phone book contact list or enter their mobile numbers or email addresses.
- Press the Next key to start recording. When you're done, press the Done key and then the Send key to send your message.
How to voice reply a text message:
- You can use SMS voice messaging to quickly reply to a text message.
- From either the text messaging inbox or while viewing a text message, press the Options key.
- Choose VoiceSMS, press the OK button and begin speaking when you hear the beep.
- When you're done, press the Done key and then the Send key to send your message.
- Only SMS Voice Messaging capable handsets such as the Samsung A760 can send and reply to SMS voice messaging.
- Record Number: 2783
- Create Date: 2005-10-25
- Last Reviewed: 06-25-2009